Ton Duc Thang University (TDTU), a young and aspiring university in vibrant Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam’s economic and educational hub, is proudly committed to Vietnam’s human development and sustainable growth into the 21st century.
Apart from the two main campuses in Ho Chi Minh City, TDTU also has two regional campuses. One is in Nha Trang, one of the most beautiful and busiest marine cultural and tourism hubs in Vietnam. The other is in Ca Mau City, the purpose of which is to meet the educational and training needs of students from the Mekong Delta’s provinces.
Last but not least, TDTU is currently having another 52-hectares-campus constructed in the highland town of Bao Loc in Lam Dong Province.
Regarding academic organization, TDTU has 30 undergraduate and graduate programs with many inter disciplinary research opportunities. Our academic faculties offer rigorous curricula in addition to professional training and continuing education for working professionals. TDTU currently confers bachelor and master degrees in most of its academic curricula whereas doctorates are also offered in selected fields.
Who we are
- A young university steadily growing to meet the expanding demand for higher education in Vietnam
- Committed to help Vietnamese students “learn how to learn” in a fast changing globalized world
- Geared towards employability: balancing thinking skills with work and life skills
- Inspired by the words of the great Albert Einstein: “a society’s competitive advantage will come (…) from how well they its schools stimulate imagination and creativity” and “the value of an education (…) is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”
What we offer
- Four articulated levels: vocational, college, university undergraduate and graduate
- Thirteen faculties in science, technology, business, humanities and the arts
- Articulation programs with foreign universities
- The only higher education institution in Vietnam offering courses in labor relations, mediation and conflict resolution
- Opportunities for undergraduate and graduate research activities
What we aspire to
- Rise to the top tier ranking in Vietnam and gradually join the ranks of recognized Asia Pacific Higher Education institutions
- Build up a broad, diverse and substantive network of Vietnamese and international academic, business and professional linkages and partnerships
- Grow into a hub for national and international scientific and intellectual summit: our most recent initiative, Acome 2012 – Conference on advances in Computational Mechanics, drew more than 30 academicians, scientists and professors from 14 countries.
Our strengths and difference
- We reconcile access and equal opportunity with commitment to excellence
- We balance Vietnamese identity with a global mindset
- We strive to combine interactive teaching and leaning with practical research and public service.
A formative campus life
- Convenient and affordable student accommodation on campus
- A compassionate community of students, faculty and staff
- A rich range of buoyant extracurricular activities including sports, music, movies, exhibitions, fashion shows, field trips, summer volunteer programs and professional competitions and so on. .
A meaningful experience
- To kindle the Passion to Learn and Create
- To forge the Ability and Character to Serve and Make a difference
- To grow young men and women committed to their nation and attuned to the world