Established in 1998, the Faculty of Foreign Languages is responsible for teaching English, Chinese, and bilingual English-Chinese in a four-year program (Bilingual Chinese-English programme- 4.5 years). It is also in charge of English for Communication classes for non-English majors of the other faculties in the University of Ton Duc Thang.
The Faculty of Foreign Languages is one of the largest faculties of Ton Duc Thang University. The strength of the faculty is a proper, scientific and comprehensive training program which focuses on linguistic knowledge as an autonomous system and as socially-embedded, four skills of language use, and especially job-orientation.
Graduates of the faculty have a wider chance of recruitment. Business-majored graduates can work in various business environments such as import-export, marketing, and administration. Those who have been trained in the pedagogical strand can teach English and Chinese at foreign language centers, high schools, colleges, and universities, while graduates in tourism can work in both tourist agencies and restaurants. Graduates of all majors can also work as interpreters in foreign companies.
The Faculty is organized into four departments as follows:
- Department of Chinese
- Department of English
- Department of Practical Language Skills
- Department of Language Pedagogy
- TEL (84-8) 37755033
- FAX (84-8) 37755055
- EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
- WEBSITE http://knn.tdt.edu.vn/index.php/en
- ADDRESS Room B005, Nguyen Huu Tho Street, Tan Phong Ward, District 7, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- DEAN Dr. Ngo Thi Thanh Van (Email: email@example.com)
- VICE DEAN Dr. Nguyen Hoa Binh (Email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
MSc. Nguyen Thanh Phuong (Email: email@example.com)